About the Cloud Application Engineer Position
- We iterate quickly in a multi-account cloud architecture, with numerous data sources and models – that’s where you come in.
- You’ll work closely with our entire team to architect and implement our growing product portfolio
- You will help move our software development practices forward and can help mentor others on design and best practices.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the security, reliability and performance of all our products, keeping cost in mind.
- You will look for opportunities to modernize our practices and offerings and help lead the team to realize your vision
- You are an expert in working with AWS cloud architecture, including products such RDS, S3, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway and CodeDeploy.
- You are experienced with AWS infrastructure modeling tools, including CDK, Cloudformation or Terraform
- You have designed and implemented serverless solutions leveraging virtualization and/or containerization strategies and technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Lambda, etc.)
- You’re opinionated about tooling and curious about new trends and technologies in the software development world.
- You like to work collaboratively with developers, data scientists and UX teams to improve the quality and resiliency of the products you’re releasing.
- You have a background in product development, delivering solutions to business problems in a fast paced team.
- You have working knowledge of all aspects of product design, including data modeling, service performance and security.
- You have 7+ years of software development experience
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus on good technical writing
Skills You Might Have
- Experience working in highly regulated industries like finance, health care or defense.
- Understanding of networking and network design principles
- A working knowledge of various different development languages.
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Team lead or management experience