VEDA’s founders are motivated by a belief that the tools to make a better world are being developed right now by talented scientists around the globe, and we can harness those tools to solve the problems impacting people every day. Fellows will propose research in response to data problems that are critically hindering the delivery of healthcare to millions of Americans and collaborate with product designers, engineers and market experts to measure the impact of their work.
VEDA Postdoctoral Fellowships are fully funded 1-2 year positions for distinguished researchers seeking apposition that allows them to explore areas of research including entity resolution, anomaly detection, data imputation & high throughput data processing. Your work will make healthcare more efficient for millions of patients across the country.
Our program benefits
VEDA provides a multi-disciplinary environment with a focus on connecting scientific research to practical problems in industry. VEDA Fellows will work under the leadership of VEDA’s CTO, Dr. Bob Lindner, and VEDA Data Scientist and Fellows Mentor, Dr. Alyssa Adams. Program participants will receive a compensation package including:
- $60,000 annual salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance for fellows and their spouses and children
- Conference stipend and professional development resources
- Mentorship & research support from VEDA scientists & scientific advisors
- Cyber-security training
- Monthly lunch & learn series about artificial intelligence, data science, engineering and entrepreneurship
VEDA Fellowship applicant Criteria
Ideal candidates have research backgrounds in Experimental Particle Physics, Theoretical Astrophysics (large data simulation, SPH simulation), Experimental Cosmology, Observational Astrophysics (radio spectrum, cosmic microwave background, galaxy formation), Pulsars??, Exoplanets, Biological/Chemical Simulation Experiments, Metabolic Networks Analysis, or Geochemical Systems Analysis.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are anonymous! Your CV is better than a reference letter, anyway. Applicants should send their CV and 1 page Research Summary to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 15th.
Finalists will be notified by December 31st, 2018 and will be invited for an interview with a member of the VEDA Scientific Advisory Board and the Fellowship Selection Committee. Selection committee members include VEDA executive leadership, scientific advisors and funders of the program.
Fellowships will be awarded at a publicly announced event in early 2019 at VEDA’s Data Science Headquarters in Madison, WI.
Dr. Bob Lindner
Founder & Chief Technology Officer
- PhD, Physics, Rutgers University
- Expert in AI, Entity Resolution & Automated Machine Learning
Dr. Carlos Vera Ciro
Senior Data Scientist
- PhD, Physics, University of Gronigen
- Expert in High Throughput Computing & Numerical Simulation
Dr. Alyssa Adams
Data Scientist & VEDA Labs Director
- PhD, Mathematical Physics, Arizona State University
- Expert in Intelligent Automation & Complex Systems
VEDA Scientific Advisors
Dr. Lars Hernquist
- Founding member & Director, Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Leads global collaboration, cosmological scale simulation
Dr. Sara Walker
- Astrobiologist, Director, Beyond Center for Fundamental Concepts in Science
- Researcher at NASA Astrobiology Institute & Santa Fe Institute
Dr. Hector Zenil
- Theoretical Computer Scientist, Founder of Algorithmic Nature Group
- Wolfram Alfa Knowledge Engine; Complex Systems Faculty, Oxford University